Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hike Day!


Today I hiked up Adam's Canyon with some friends. It was so fun and beautiful up there. I had forgotten how pretty that hike is.



It took about an hour and a half to reach the top waterfall and only about forty-five minutes on the way down. We left before noon to beat the heat, however as it turned out it was still at least 91 degrees in the sun. So needless to say the water felt really, really good! It was also really, really cold! It managed to make my feet completely numb within about two minutes. It still felt sooo good though!


I was also not really thinking when I picked out my black shirt and jeans, should have gone with a lighter color and shorts... but who thinks of that? I also had picked out flip-flops as my shoe choice....
We were in a slight hurry to get back off the mountain as one of the members of the group had to work shortly thereafter, as a result we didn't allow our feet to completely dry... and our feet were still numb from the cold water.... so it was a sort of half-walk, half-stumble down the trail for a good ways. Lucky for us there were trees to hold on to. :) Next time, i plan to plan my wardrobe better, and allow much more time... for play. :P

1 comment:

Marissa said...

You know what I don't think I have ever hiked that, sad I know.