Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quiet Moments

It seems that life is full of busy, busy, busy all the time. There is always something to be done, some deadline to meet, some place to be. It is so easy to get caught up in these moments and miss the small and quiet ones.
Recently I've been thinking and noticing them more. This last tuesday I was told that the only Grandfather I have ever known had passed away. It is heartbreaking to think about yet I know that it is for the best and that I will see him again. He was one of my heroes in life and such an example to me spiritually. He will be greatly missed.

It is because of this event that I have been thinking more about life and what is most important to me. Brett has been wonderful during the whole ordeal, even when he himself was in pain. I learn more of him everyday and am so grateful for such a wonderful man in my life. As I pay more attention to the small meaningful things, I can more fully enjoy the quiet moments of life. Brett is one of those for me.

No comments: