Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grandma

In May around Mother's Day we went up to Idaho to visit my Grandma and to introduce her to Nakita for the first time.
We took some pictures of Nakita with Grandma and I also got a 4 generation picture with Grandma, Mom, Me and Nakita. It was a good trip and I am grateful we went when we did.

My Grandma Henry passed away in June a few weeks after we had been up to visit. I am sad that my Grandma is gone now but happy that she is with her sweetheart in heaven and that she is no longer in pain.

The last few times I visited my Grandma she was a little depressed. She expressed the opinion that those on the other side had forgotten her. She also mentioned that she felt as though it was her husband whom everyone had always come to see. My Grandmother was not forgotten as I'm sure she is now aware, instead I believe that she needed to wait long enough to realize that her children and grandchildren loved her just as much as Grandpa. The last time I visited her she expressed how happy she was when she would have visitors as it helped her to realize that she was important to us and that we loved her as well.

My Grandmother was a wonderful example to me growing up and I loved her dearly. I will miss her in this life but look forward to the happy reunion on the other side when the time comes.


No comments: